Our Sustainability Policy
We are very aware of the ethical and environmental responsibilities we have as a global tea company and we are committed to ensuring that all the teas we source come from tea gardens that share our philosophies and implement them at the garden level.
We engage and audit our suppliers every two years to ensure farmers and workers have decent working conditions and at the minimum, comply with local laws on employment. We also check that sustainable methods of farming are implemented and source teas from gardens accredited by organisations such as Rainforest Alliance, UTZ and Ethical Tea Partnership.
Where possible, we source Fair Trade teas to ensure small-scale producers and cooperatives receive fair terms of trade.
- To work with suppliers who operate sustainable and ethical methods of farming.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on the environment of all office and general business activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
- Encourage customers to order larger quantities and less often in order to reduce the number of deliveries.
- Ensure that all our staff are aware of our policies and to communicate these to our customers.
- Minimise the use of paper and other consumables within the office.
- Recycle all materials where possible and encourage our customers to do the same.
- Reduce energy consumption by using energy efficient light bulbs, not using lights when not necessary and not wasting water or electricity.
- Walk, cycle or use public transport to travel from home to work and to meetings where possible.