Mother’s Day Healthy Breakfast Start To The Day!Camellia's Tea House
Treat your mother to breakfast in bed with this super healthy flourless, gluten-free, refined sugar free and dairy free muffins. The ingredients contain everything you need to start off on the right foot. The muffins are slightly dense and doughy than your ordinary flour-based muffins, but it feels nice to have something more substantial with a bite in the mornings.
Camellia’s Turkish Apple tea (made entirely of apples) accompanies this perfectly, especially if your mother is on a healthy mission and avoiding caffeine.
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup carrots (approx 2 large) peeled and grated
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp apple tea in a filter bag
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 F and prepare a muffin tray by spraying 9 cavities with cooking oil.
- Add all ingredients except for carrots, apple, raisins and walnuts to a high speed blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in carrots, apple, raisins and walnuts and mix by hand. Pour batter into the cavities filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the tray for 10 minutes before removing on to a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, pour all the ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer gently for approximately 10 minutes. Squeeze the tea bag to intensify the tea flavour.
- Whilst the muffins are cooling on the rack, brush the tops of your muffins with the glaze. Store in an air-tight container up to one week.
To make a perfect brew of Turkish Apple Tea, steep 2 tsp of apple tea in a mug of hot boiling water for 5 minutes.